Seat Filler: Best NYC Theater of 2009
BY Brandon Voss
December 30 2009 5:55 PM ET
1. Next Fall
It was a tale of atheist boy meets Christian boy in this stunning, wholly satisfying first play by out actor Geoffrey Nauffts at Playwrights Horizons. Played respectively by Gossip Girl alum Patrick Heusinger and Patrick Breen, Luke was younger and hotter than his charmingly neurotic boyfriend Adam, but it was their polar-opposite beliefs that caused their biggest problems: Not out to his God-fearing parents, Luke still prayed after man sex in hopes of salvation. After an accident landed Luke in the hospital, the faith-clashing confrontation among his loved ones in the waiting room left me breathless. Thank heaven that the complete Naked Angels production is transferring to Broadway with a March 11 opening.
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- The Hidden Message In Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- #27BiStories: When Did You Come Out? What Was The Response Like?