First Look: Looking's Raúl Castillo in Adoration of the Old Woman
BY Brandon Voss
March 19 2014 1:47 PM ET
Known to television audiences as Richie on the gay-themed HBO series Looking, Raúl Castillo now stars in Adoration of the Old Woman, which officially opens tonight at off-Broadway's INTAR Theatre.
Here's how INTAR, which "exists to promote and support Latino voices in the American theater," describes the new play: "An ancient woman. A haunted bed. An angry teen. A sexy ghost. Political turmoil. Will Puerto Rico really become the 51st state or will it fight for its freedom? And all the coquis are dying. Welcome to the world of Adoration of the Old Woman."
Written by Oscar-nominated Motorcycle Diaries scribe José Rivera and directed by Patricia McGregor, Adoration of the Old Woman began preview performances last Thursday and continues through April 6. The cast also includes Danielle Davenport, Jose Joaquin Perez, Socorro Santiago, and Carmen Zilles.
Castillo studied theater at Boston University's School for the Arts and is a member of LAByrinth Theater Company. His previous off-Broadway credits include A Lifetime Burning and School of the Americas.
For tickets and more information, visit INTAR's website.
Raúl Castillo and Socorro Santiago
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View