First Look: Nick Adams Is Wicked Hot
BY Brandon Voss
May 08 2014 6:00 AM ET
Any friend of Dorothy is a friend of ours.
Broadway triple threat Nick Adams recently joined the first North American tour of Wicked as Fiyero, the handsome and charismatic student who comes between Elphaba and Glinda, the wonderful witches of Oz.
The out actor most notably starred on Broadway as Adam/Felicia, a feisty drag queen, in Priscilla Queen of the Desert after honing his drag skills as a Cagelle in La Cage aux Folles. His other Broadway credits include A Chorus Line, Chicago, The Pirate Queen, and Guys and Dolls.
Adams told Broadway.com that his boyfriend, ensemble member Kyle Brown, is also his understudy in the Wicked touring company.
Stephen Schwartz and Winnie Holzman's musical, a hit on Broadway since 2003, is based on out novelist Gregory Maguire's Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, a revisionist twist on L. Frank Baum's novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
Wicked's first North American tour, dubbed the "Emerald City Tour," plays the Orpheum Theater in Omaha, Neb., through May 25. For tickets and more information visit the official Wicked website.
See more production photos of Adams below.
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home