Neil Patrick Harris Gets Hung at Sardi's
BY Brandon Voss
August 18 2014 12:40 PM ET
Not all pictures of Neil Patrick Harris are revealing selfies.
Wrapping up his final week in Broadway's Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Harris made a special appearance at Sardi's, where his caricature was finally added to the eatery's estimable walls of fame.
An intimate group, including Harris's fiancé, David Burtka, gathered Friday at the iconic theater district restaurant to see the caricature's unveiling.
"I couldn't be more proud of you today @ActuallyNPH you got your face up @sardisnyc Your legend lives on!" Burtka posted on Twitter.
Harris won the Tony for Best Actor in a Musical for his role as Hedwig, a fictional East German singer and "slip of a girly boy" living as a female after botched gender-reassignment surgery.
Harris played his last performance Sunday evening. Girls star Andrew Rannells, a Tony nominee for The Book of Mormon, will take over the role Wednesday for a limited eight-week run.
The Broadway premiere of John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask's 1998 cult rock musical, which won the Tony for Best Revival of a Musical, opened April 22 at the Belasco Theatre and recently recouped its investment. The original cast recording is now available.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime