The Best Companies in the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2010 11:55 AM ET
Hewlett-Packard Co. — Hewlett-Packard has supported the passage of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, adheres to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the U.N. Global Impact, and cites its diverse workforce as its key to maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace. In fact, the company was so inclusive that a former employee in its Boise, Idaho, office sued the company for not recognizing his religious freedom when he posted Leviticus quotes on diversity posters in the office that depicted a gay employee. He lost his case — and the appeal.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The Humble Tweets From a Catholic Priest Spat Upon by Pride Marchers
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Clerks Can Deny Marriage Licenses on Religious Grounds