The Best Companies in the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2010 11:55 AM ET
Hewlett-Packard Co. — Hewlett-Packard has supported the passage of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, adheres to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the U.N. Global Impact, and cites its diverse workforce as its key to maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace. In fact, the company was so inclusive that a former employee in its Boise, Idaho, office sued the company for not recognizing his religious freedom when he posted Leviticus quotes on diversity posters in the office that depicted a gay employee. He lost his case — and the appeal.
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- EXCLUSIVE: A Chat With Pop Legend Dionne Warwick and Her Granddaughter Cheyenne Elliott