The Best Companies in the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2010 11:55 AM ET
Hewlett-Packard Co. — Hewlett-Packard has supported the passage of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, adheres to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the U.N. Global Impact, and cites its diverse workforce as its key to maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace. In fact, the company was so inclusive that a former employee in its Boise, Idaho, office sued the company for not recognizing his religious freedom when he posted Leviticus quotes on diversity posters in the office that depicted a gay employee. He lost his case — and the appeal.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf