The Best Companies in the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2010 11:55 AM ET
Hewlett-Packard Co. — Hewlett-Packard has supported the passage of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, adheres to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the U.N. Global Impact, and cites its diverse workforce as its key to maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace. In fact, the company was so inclusive that a former employee in its Boise, Idaho, office sued the company for not recognizing his religious freedom when he posted Leviticus quotes on diversity posters in the office that depicted a gay employee. He lost his case — and the appeal.
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure
- 14 Gloriously Hilarious Rihanna Met Gala Gown Memes
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights