The Best Companies in the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2010 11:55 AM ET
Hewlett-Packard Co. — Hewlett-Packard has supported the passage of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, adheres to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the U.N. Global Impact, and cites its diverse workforce as its key to maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace. In fact, the company was so inclusive that a former employee in its Boise, Idaho, office sued the company for not recognizing his religious freedom when he posted Leviticus quotes on diversity posters in the office that depicted a gay employee. He lost his case — and the appeal.
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana