Steve Jobs, Visionary of Apple, Has Died; Share Your Memories
BY Lucas Grindley
October 05 2011 8:58 PM ET
Steve Jobs and his creation, Apple, transcended borders both real and political with the power of invention. So it is no wonder that condolences lamenting his death — announced today by the company — are coming in via social media from the LGBT community.
Apple expressed its loss this way:
"Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
Tim Cook, who was outed as gay earlier this year, is the new CEO of the company. Judging from the outpouring of appreciation for Jobs, who was 56, he has a big role to fill.
Has Steve Jobs made a difference in your life? Share your impression of Jobs and his work using the comments below.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?