Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
The economy may be slowly recovering, but young professionals still see the world as their oyster. In a Universum survey asking 10,000 U.S. job seekers with less than eight years of work experience where their dream job would be, tech giants and government agencies dominated the field (Facebook was the write-in winner of the survey). But what does this mean for young gays wanting to make their stamp in the professional world? The Advocate checked out the top ten companies to see if they pull their weight with gay employees.
Note: The government agencies and nonprofits on the list are not scored in the Human Rights Campaign's index, as those rankings are solely for corporate employers.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community