Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
The economy may be slowly recovering, but young professionals still see the world as their oyster. In a Universum survey asking 10,000 U.S. job seekers with less than eight years of work experience where their dream job would be, tech giants and government agencies dominated the field (Facebook was the write-in winner of the survey). But what does this mean for young gays wanting to make their stamp in the professional world? The Advocate checked out the top ten companies to see if they pull their weight with gay employees.
Note: The government agencies and nonprofits on the list are not scored in the Human Rights Campaign's index, as those rankings are solely for corporate employers.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 11 min 39 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 37 min 4 sec ago
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 1 hour 11 min ago
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM