Dream Gigs for Young Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
March 21 2011 8:10 PM ET
The economy may be slowly recovering, but young professionals still see the world as their oyster. In a Universum survey asking 10,000 U.S. job seekers with less than eight years of work experience where their dream job would be, tech giants and government agencies dominated the field (Facebook was the write-in winner of the survey). But what does this mean for young gays wanting to make their stamp in the professional world? The Advocate checked out the top ten companies to see if they pull their weight with gay employees.
Note: The government agencies and nonprofits on the list are not scored in the Human Rights Campaign's index, as those rankings are solely for corporate employers.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM