Toyota: Moving Forward
BY Advocate Contributors
September 20 2011 4:00 AM ET
Moving Forward. The vision it inspires is the engine that drives us. Itâ€™s why we make diversity and inclusion our priority â€” why we strive to stay ahead of the curve in workplace equality and LGBT inclusion.
Our commitment to progress and innovation has inspired best-in-class initiatives. We have policies in place to help protect against discrimination. Full benefits are offered to same gender domestic partners. And, since 2007, Toyota has had a transgender policy and transition plan in place.
Our Spectrum Business Partnership Group promotes customer understanding, community support, and professional development for LGBTs and Allies at Toyota. We proudly support the Human Rights Campaign, GLAAD, The Point Foundation, AIDS Walk Los Angeles, as well as LA-based LifeWorks which provides mentoring for LGBT youth. Accolades from leading LGBT organizations recognize Toyotaâ€™s efforts. Our perfect 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index serves as but one example. We accept these honors with pride and appreciation. They serve to acknowledge that we are indeed making a difference and that our words are supported by our deeds.
At Toyota, moving forward is an ongoing journey. Each time we reach a new benchmark of achievement, there is a higher goal beyond. So while we celebrate each accomplishment made in our path toward progress, we remain constant in our commitment to opening new doors and opportunities.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Style Hairy Hose for Hairless Bros? 15 min 8 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 48 min 28 sec ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 54 min 5 sec ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 1 hour 26 min ago
- Music Austra's Summer Soundtrack 1 hour 40 min ago
- Books James Franco's A California Childhood: Win Signed Copy 1 hour 46 min ago
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 2 hours 16 min ago