Safety, Inclusion, and Success at Wells Fargo
BY Advocate Contributors
September 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender community has come a long way in the last 25 years, and so has our commitment. In 1987, Wells Fargo added sexual orientation to our non-discrimination policy. Since then, we’ve contributed to LGBT organizations, lent our support to anti-bullying efforts, and continued to foster a culture of equality both in the workplace and the community at large.
In the community
• In 2011, we supported 45 Pride parades and celebrations across the country
• Helped GLSEN distribute 15,000 Safe Space Kits to schools nationally
• Founding Corporate Partner of the National Gay Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and the first financial services company to lend support
In the workplace
• Our PRIDE Team Member Network has 37 chapters and 3,328 members across the company
• Member of the Business Coalition for Workplace Fairness supporting passage of the Employment Non- Discrimination Act
• #2 on Diversity Inc’s 2011 Top 10 Companies for LGBT Employees Scored 100% on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index for the last 9 consecutive years
• Provides for transgender treatment, including mental health counseling, hormone therapy, medical visits, and short-term disability after surgical procedure
In your lives
• Our LGBT Financial Guide includes topics such as money management, homeownership, starting a business and tools like estate planning guidance and a domestic partner checklist
• Wells Fargo Advisors was the first in the industry to offer the Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM or ADPASM designation. Our Financial Advisors who have the ADPASM designation have been trained and certified on key issues affecting domestic partners.
Wells Fargo is only as successful as the communities we serve. Here’s to the next quarter-century.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Photos: Cuba Libre
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 1 hour 47 min ago
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 2 hours 28 min ago
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM