Stephen Colbert Orders a Lesbian Strike on Syria
BY Trudy Ring
September 13 2013 2:13 PM ET
Stephen Colbert says that in reaction to Russian president Vladimir Putin’s New York Times op-ed discouraging a U.S. attack on Syria, he’s come around to supporting such a strike — in a particular way.
“Just to stick it to Putin, I say we use lesbian pilots flying the Enola Gay,” Colbert said on Thursday’s edition of The Colbert Report.
Video of the segment is below, plus another clip from the show in which Colbert discusses marriage equality with supportive congressman Jim McDermott of Washington State.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 30 min 28 sec ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 1 hour 27 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 1 hour 41 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 1 hour 59 min ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 2 hours 13 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Two and a Half Men's Respectful Job With Trans Character 2 hours 42 min ago
- Health New Campaign Inspires LGBT Americans to Take Advantage of Obamacare 3:58 PM