Stephen Colbert Orders a Lesbian Strike on Syria
BY Trudy Ring
September 13 2013 3:13 PM ET
Stephen Colbert says that in reaction to Russian president Vladimir Putin’s New York Times op-ed discouraging a U.S. attack on Syria, he’s come around to supporting such a strike — in a particular way.
“Just to stick it to Putin, I say we use lesbian pilots flying the Enola Gay,” Colbert said on Thursday’s edition of The Colbert Report.
Video of the segment is below, plus another clip from the show in which Colbert discusses marriage equality with supportive congressman Jim McDermott of Washington State.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar