Stephen Colbert Orders a Lesbian Strike on Syria
BY Trudy Ring
September 13 2013 3:13 PM ET
Stephen Colbert says that in reaction to Russian president Vladimir Putin’s New York Times op-ed discouraging a U.S. attack on Syria, he’s come around to supporting such a strike — in a particular way.
“Just to stick it to Putin, I say we use lesbian pilots flying the Enola Gay,” Colbert said on Thursday’s edition of The Colbert Report.
Video of the segment is below, plus another clip from the show in which Colbert discusses marriage equality with supportive congressman Jim McDermott of Washington State.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed