Stephen Colbert Orders a Lesbian Strike on Syria
BY Trudy Ring
September 13 2013 3:13 PM ET
Stephen Colbert says that in reaction to Russian president Vladimir Putin’s New York Times op-ed discouraging a U.S. attack on Syria, he’s come around to supporting such a strike — in a particular way.
“Just to stick it to Putin, I say we use lesbian pilots flying the Enola Gay,” Colbert said on Thursday’s edition of The Colbert Report.
Video of the segment is below, plus another clip from the show in which Colbert discusses marriage equality with supportive congressman Jim McDermott of Washington State.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- College Reddit User Turns Arkansas Governor’s Website Into LGBT Forum