#TBT: John Waters Is a Mother Lover
BY Christopher Harrity
May 08 2014 8:00 AM ET
This film explores the racial tensions of the early '60s, but at the same time it is a story of how two very different mother's reaction to the times that are a changin'.
Below: Velma von Tussle (Deborah Harry) has a hands-on approach to the effects of her daughter's raging hormones.
Below: Divine as Edna Turnblad tries to be the perfect mom and make sure her daughter and husband have nicely pressed clothing.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Indiana Scrambling to 'Clarify' Discriminatory Law
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?