#TBT: John Waters Is a Mother Lover
BY Christopher Harrity
May 08 2014 8:00 AM ET
This film explores the racial tensions of the early '60s, but at the same time it is a story of how two very different mother's reaction to the times that are a changin'.
Below: Velma von Tussle (Deborah Harry) has a hands-on approach to the effects of her daughter's raging hormones.
Below: Divine as Edna Turnblad tries to be the perfect mom and make sure her daughter and husband have nicely pressed clothing.
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home