#TBT: John Waters Is a Mother Lover
BY Christopher Harrity
May 08 2014 8:00 AM ET
This film explores the racial tensions of the early '60s, but at the same time it is a story of how two very different mother's reaction to the times that are a changin'.
Below: Velma von Tussle (Deborah Harry) has a hands-on approach to the effects of her daughter's raging hormones.
Below: Divine as Edna Turnblad tries to be the perfect mom and make sure her daughter and husband have nicely pressed clothing.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- Op-ed: Having a Transgender Parent Helped Make My Sons Into Better Men