#TBT: John Waters Is a Mother Lover
BY Christopher Harrity
May 08 2014 8:00 AM ET
This film explores the racial tensions of the early '60s, but at the same time it is a story of how two very different mother's reaction to the times that are a changin'.
Below: Velma von Tussle (Deborah Harry) has a hands-on approach to the effects of her daughter's raging hormones.
Below: Divine as Edna Turnblad tries to be the perfect mom and make sure her daughter and husband have nicely pressed clothing.
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- Historic Night at Golden Crown Literary Awards
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home