#TBT: John Waters Is a Mother Lover
BY Christopher Harrity
May 08 2014 8:00 AM ET
This film explores the racial tensions of the early '60s, but at the same time it is a story of how two very different mother's reaction to the times that are a changin'.
Below: Velma von Tussle (Deborah Harry) has a hands-on approach to the effects of her daughter's raging hormones.
Below: Divine as Edna Turnblad tries to be the perfect mom and make sure her daughter and husband have nicely pressed clothing.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Op-ed: What It's Like to Date a Porn King
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility