Trans Woman Sexually Assaulted In D.C.
BY Sunnivie Brydum
September 26 2012 6:36 PM ET
The Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, D.C. is searching for a man who sexually assaulted and robbed a transgender woman on Sunday. The assault happened around 4:45 a.m., when a man approached the woman, hit her, and forced her at gunpoint behind a building on the 200 block of 51st St. Northeast, where he sexually assaulted her, according to The Washington Times.
Initial reports do not indicate the victim was targeted because she is transgender, but this is the latest in a string of assaults on trans people in the nation's capital. The District of Columbia Office of Human Rights recently launched a campaign intended to raise awareness and curb violence against transgender people.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Op-ed: It Doesn't Matter How Many Times Kim Davis Was Wed
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation