The Many Faces of LGBT Family
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 11 2013 7:00 AM ET
7:21 p.m. Alina Langolf + Pet = Selfpettie
8:10 p.m. Teri Kwant Talley sends us this from the KittyCam.
9:10 p.m. Creative director Rachel Rosenthal in Tampa, Fla., writes, "Like most evenings, I am checking my Tumblr blog. Tonight I'm reading comments about a selfie I just posted in a convertible with the top down. This photo is me in the pic submitted here. While it seems like a mundane photo, it's very significant to me. It's been one year since I came out to my family, friends, and coworkers as transgender. Missing an active, visible trans* community during this sometimes lonely and painful year, I found support and inspiration with online communities. I found happy, confident young trans folk who inspired me. I am eternally grateful for this; one year later, I am more confident and comfortable living my truth. In the photo seen here in my Tumblr page I had just left friends and was taking the long way home to savor the moment out and open in the beautiful Tampa night."
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- WATCH: Bruce LaBruce at MoMA
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'