The Many Faces of LGBT Family
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 11 2013 7:00 AM ET
7:21 p.m. Alina Langolf + Pet = Selfpettie
8:10 p.m. Teri Kwant Talley sends us this from the KittyCam.
9:10 p.m. Creative director Rachel Rosenthal in Tampa, Fla., writes, "Like most evenings, I am checking my Tumblr blog. Tonight I'm reading comments about a selfie I just posted in a convertible with the top down. This photo is me in the pic submitted here. While it seems like a mundane photo, it's very significant to me. It's been one year since I came out to my family, friends, and coworkers as transgender. Missing an active, visible trans* community during this sometimes lonely and painful year, I found support and inspiration with online communities. I found happy, confident young trans folk who inspired me. I am eternally grateful for this; one year later, I am more confident and comfortable living my truth. In the photo seen here in my Tumblr page I had just left friends and was taking the long way home to savor the moment out and open in the beautiful Tampa night."
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
- S.C. House Approves Budget Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula
- Seat Filler: What's Gay Off-Broadway
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Marriage Equality Young Repubs Express Big Support for Marriage Equality 7 min 58 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 11 min 53 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 11 min 54 sec ago
- Women 5 Reasons to Watch CW's Arrow and 'Quiver!' 12 min 4 sec ago
- Politics Kenyan Lesbian Granted Asylum in U.S. 12 min 21 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Methodist Church Drops Charges Against Minister 32 min 59 sec ago
- Media WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer' 1 hour 3 min ago