Chris Evans: Not Another Gay Interview
BY Brandon Voss
January 05 2009 1:00 AM ET
After working a whipped-cream bikini in the 2001 spoof Not Another Teen Movie, Chris Evans fried phone lines in Cellular and melted hearts as The Human Torch in the Fantastic Four films. Next seen as a telekinetic troublemaker in February’s sci-fi thriller Push, the 27-year-old revisits his steamiest photo shoot and outs his even hotter gay brother.
This may come as quite a shock, but gay men enjoy you.
I was well aware of that. I remember my mother saying, “Chris, do you know you’re #2 on some gay list [AfterElton.com’s Hot 100]. Brad Pitt is #12!” I was like, “What?!” I couldn’t believe it.
That was 2007. I hate to break bad news, but you dropped to #8 in ’08.
Aww, that’s outrageous! Who took my spot?
I forget, but Jake Gyllenhaal was #1 for both years.
What? Jake? Unacceptable. [Laughs]
It couldn’t hurt to play a gay role next.
I really wanted to be a part of Milk, but I lost out to James Franco. I guess if you’ve got to lose, he’s the guy to lose to. I did a movie called Fierce People where I played a sociopath who wasn’t gay, but he does rape a teenage boy. You come to find out he didn’t do it for sexual reasons; he just did it because he could. He really was a sick character.
I’ve actually got an idea for a gay musical sequel to Cellular called Blackberry Storm. You in?
Absolutely. Sounds like a nailbiter.
I hear there might also be a queer subtext in Push.
Yes, those with powers try to keep it under wraps. They’re being hunted by the government, so everyone’s trying to lay low. Now I understand the gay man’s struggle. [Laughs]
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver 1 hour 37 min ago
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans 2 hours 12 min ago
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 2 hours 26 min ago
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages 2 hours 28 min ago
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? 5:30 PM
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer 4:37 PM
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples 4:14 PM