BY Julie Bolcer
March 11 2010 11:20 AM ET
ABC's Nightline correspondent Dan Harris traveled to Uganda for a segment on antigay attitudes and legislation in the country. He asked pastor Martin Ssempa, a virulently antigay voice, why he screens graphic gay pornography to promote his agenda among his congregation.
“Does all this fit in your mind with the spirit of Christianity, which is to help the oppressed?” asked Harris.
“Very much,” said Ssempa. “Very, very much. We need to know what are they doing in their bedroom. You cannot make comments out of ignorance. The problem is the absence of shock. You know, you look at something done. You’re not shocked.”
Harris pressed, “You can play porn between men and women and shock people too, but it’s not done very frequently.”
“Sure,” said Ssempa. “Anal activity. Anything having to do with eating of poop. Heterosexuals do not eat poop. The same way, if you have sex with a dog, sex with a cow, that’s evil.”
Watch the segment, part of Nightline's "Faith Matters" series, below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM