Gay Character Coming to
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 31 2010 12:05 AM ET
Vampire Diaries creator Kevin Williamson says he’s not quite
sure when and he’s not quite sure who, but soon one of the
show’s characters will come out.
The gay writer-director says he doesn’t want a repeat of the coming-out story line on Dawson’s Creek, but it’s important to him to have a gay character on the show.
I always feel like I don't have enough diversity on my show, and that is one of the things I'm very conscientious of,” Williamson said at the CW’s party for the Television Critics Association press tour. “And not just gay characters. Any diversity. In anything, I want everyone represented. I want everybody on the show."
The Vampire Diaries is frequently the CW’s highest-rated show. It will return for a second season September 9.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- WATCH: Travis Wall Brings Same-Sex Couples to So You Think You Can Dance
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- Never Say This to Gay Parents