Shepard Smith and Anderson Cooper Are Powerful Gay Men
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 13 2011 3:00 PM ET
Out magazine has released its annual Power 50 list honoring extraordinary gays and lesbians, and a couple of news personalities who’ve yet to publicly declare they’re gay have made the cut.
CNN’s Anderson Cooper and Fox News anchor Shepard Smith both made the cut, placing fourth and sixth, respectively. Topping the list is Apple’s acting CEO, Tim Cook, described as “soft-spoken [and] intensely private” by The New York Times.
This isn’t the first time Out has given press to Cooper. His picture appeared alongside Jodie Foster on Out’s “The Glass Closet” cover a few years back.
Other honorees are a bit more obvious, including Perez Hilton, Ellen DeGeneres, Adam Lambert, and Dan Savage. Read the full list here.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality