Shepard Smith and Anderson Cooper Are Powerful Gay Men
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 13 2011 3:00 PM ET
Out magazine has released its annual Power 50 list honoring extraordinary gays and lesbians, and a couple of news personalities who’ve yet to publicly declare they’re gay have made the cut.
CNN’s Anderson Cooper and Fox News anchor Shepard Smith both made the cut, placing fourth and sixth, respectively. Topping the list is Apple’s acting CEO, Tim Cook, described as “soft-spoken [and] intensely private” by The New York Times.
This isn’t the first time Out has given press to Cooper. His picture appeared alongside Jodie Foster on Out’s “The Glass Closet” cover a few years back.
Other honorees are a bit more obvious, including Perez Hilton, Ellen DeGeneres, Adam Lambert, and Dan Savage. Read the full list here.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 1 hour 16 min ago
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 2 hours 54 min ago
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 2 hours 58 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM