Shepard Smith and Anderson Cooper Are Powerful Gay Men
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 13 2011 3:00 PM ET
Out magazine has released its annual Power 50 list honoring extraordinary gays and lesbians, and a couple of news personalities who’ve yet to publicly declare they’re gay have made the cut.
CNN’s Anderson Cooper and Fox News anchor Shepard Smith both made the cut, placing fourth and sixth, respectively. Topping the list is Apple’s acting CEO, Tim Cook, described as “soft-spoken [and] intensely private” by The New York Times.
This isn’t the first time Out has given press to Cooper. His picture appeared alongside Jodie Foster on Out’s “The Glass Closet” cover a few years back.
Other honorees are a bit more obvious, including Perez Hilton, Ellen DeGeneres, Adam Lambert, and Dan Savage. Read the full list here.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 1 hour 16 min ago
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 1 hour 53 min ago
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 2 hours 20 min ago
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 4:00 AM