Former GOP Official: Trans People Should Be 'Put in a Camp'
BY Michelle Garcia
October 17 2013 4:48 PM ET
Todd Kincannon, former executive director of the South Carolina Republican Party, says transgender people should be rounded up and "put in a camp."
Kincannon was reacting to transgender writer and activist Kat Haché on Twitter. He said, "There are people who respect transgender rights. And there are people who think you should all be put in a camp. That's me." Transgender writer Amelia June reports that after she jumped into the conversation, she received an onslaught of derogatory tweets from Kincannon's followers.
Kincannon, an attorney, was pushed out of his party's leadership earlier this year, The Daily Beast reports. In 2012, he called House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi a slur, and slammed an antiwar Iraq veteran on Twitter by saying he wished "the Iraqis had better aim with his ass…I hope if that guy is ever in combat again, the enemy splatters his brain JFK-style. He deserves it.”
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 7 min 8 sec ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 32 min 56 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 37 min 59 sec ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 1 hour 57 sec ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 1 hour 3 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 2 hours 5 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 2 hours 8 min ago