WATCH: Bill Maher Speculates About Karl Rove's 'Murdered Gay Lover' on 'The View'
BY Jase Peeples
June 24 2014 1:14 PM ET
Bill Maher gave Karl Rove a taste of his own medicine in a Monday appearance on ABC’s The View.
While speculating on whether Hillary Clinton will make another presidential run in 2016, Maher referenced a comment that Republican political mastermind Rove made last month suggesting that Clinton had suffered brain damage from a concussion and blood clot that landed the then-secretary of State in the hospital in late 2012, a claim Rove later backtracked on. “Look what Karl Rove did to [Clinton] a couple weeks ago, bringing up brain damage and just saying, ‘Well, I’m not saying she does, I’m just putting it out there.’ I wonder if Karl Rove’s gay lover that he murdered,” Maher mused, before adding, “Oh, I’m not saying that’s definitely true, I’m just putting it out there.”
Maher also said he believes Clinton is “definitely going to run” for president in 2016 because “this is a Clinton” and “this is what they do.”
Watch the clip from The View below.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible