Michael Lucas: Putin Serenades Hollywood Lefties
BY Michael Lucas
December 17 2010 2:55 PM ET
COMMENTARY: The video scene is going viral: Russia’s prime minister, Vladimir Putin, is ineptly playing the piano and painfully singing “Blueberry Hill” at a charity event this week in St. Petersburg. He gets a rousing ovation from Hollywood stars including Sharon Stone, Mickey Rourke, Goldie Hawn, and Kurt Russell.
From the moment Putin takes the stage, they stand up and show their adoration for a man who really is a swell guy — when he’s not ordering people to be thrown out of windows or shot in their doorways. When the camera cuts to the audience during his nails-on-chalkboard performance, the stars have enraptured, ecstatic looks — like they were at Frank Sinatra’s final performance.
Perhaps they’re just ignorant of foreign affairs (Hollytrash celebs, go figure). I, as a Russian-born American citizen, follow the situation more closely. But still, there’s no excuse for them puckering up on TV and kissing the ass of that bloody dictator.
It’s yet another example of some of our most cherished gay icons shining their star power on some of the world’s worst people.
Don’t they — or their handlers, know how to use Wikipedia? Did Sharon Stone not realize she was flashing a victory sign to an ex-KGB agent, an eternal Communist, and a historical revisionist? (Now he is forcing Russia’s teachers to portray Josef Stalin — who murdered at least 8 million of his own people in Siberian gulags — as a good leader and the savior of Russia.)
Look him up, Sharon. When Putin became president and then prime minister of Russia, he jailed, tortured, abducted, and killed political opponents and reporters who covered stories on organized crime, and corruption. He closed newspapers,and teargassed even the smallest of protests and antigovernment demonstrations. The man is so vengeful that he, in the good Bolshevik tradition, sent assassins after his political opponents in Western capitals.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Why God Loves Uganda Should Win That Oscar
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM