Actor Says His Buddy's Boyfriend Is His Inspiration
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:21 AM ET
Actor Kal Penn is campaigning hard for President Obama's reelection and said his buddy Kevin's boyfriend is his inspiration. Penn served for two years as Obama's liaison to young Americans and repeatedly cited repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" as reason to rile up that important demographic during his speech.
"I'm volunteering again now because my friend Matt got a job at a Detroit car company that still exists, and Lauren can get the prescription she needs," Penn told the crowd. "I'm volunteering because Josiah is back from Iraq, Chris is finishing college on the GI Bill, and three weeks ago, my buddy Kevin's boyfriend was able to watch him graduate from Marine Corps training. That's change! And we can't turn back now."
Watch video of the speech below via CSPAN.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 28 min 23 sec ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 34 min ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 1 hour 6 min ago
- Music Austra's Summer Soundtrack 1 hour 20 min ago
- Books James Franco's A California Childhood: Win Signed Copy 1 hour 26 min ago
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 1 hour 56 min ago
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 9:35 AM