Actor Says His Buddy's Boyfriend Is His Inspiration
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:21 AM ET
Actor Kal Penn is campaigning hard for President Obama's reelection and said his buddy Kevin's boyfriend is his inspiration. Penn served for two years as Obama's liaison to young Americans and repeatedly cited repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" as reason to rile up that important demographic during his speech.
"I'm volunteering again now because my friend Matt got a job at a Detroit car company that still exists, and Lauren can get the prescription she needs," Penn told the crowd. "I'm volunteering because Josiah is back from Iraq, Chris is finishing college on the GI Bill, and three weeks ago, my buddy Kevin's boyfriend was able to watch him graduate from Marine Corps training. That's change! And we can't turn back now."
Watch video of the speech below via CSPAN.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM