Actor Says His Buddy's Boyfriend Is His Inspiration
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:21 AM ET
Actor Kal Penn is campaigning hard for President Obama's reelection and said his buddy Kevin's boyfriend is his inspiration. Penn served for two years as Obama's liaison to young Americans and repeatedly cited repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" as reason to rile up that important demographic during his speech.
"I'm volunteering again now because my friend Matt got a job at a Detroit car company that still exists, and Lauren can get the prescription she needs," Penn told the crowd. "I'm volunteering because Josiah is back from Iraq, Chris is finishing college on the GI Bill, and three weeks ago, my buddy Kevin's boyfriend was able to watch him graduate from Marine Corps training. That's change! And we can't turn back now."
Watch video of the speech below via CSPAN.
- Why Are We Gay?
- Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- WATCH: Protesters Tell Antigay Kentucky Clerk 'Do Your Job!' in Showdown With Her Supporters
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward