Actor Says His Buddy's Boyfriend Is His Inspiration
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:21 AM ET
Actor Kal Penn is campaigning hard for President Obama's reelection and said his buddy Kevin's boyfriend is his inspiration. Penn served for two years as Obama's liaison to young Americans and repeatedly cited repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" as reason to rile up that important demographic during his speech.
"I'm volunteering again now because my friend Matt got a job at a Detroit car company that still exists, and Lauren can get the prescription she needs," Penn told the crowd. "I'm volunteering because Josiah is back from Iraq, Chris is finishing college on the GI Bill, and three weeks ago, my buddy Kevin's boyfriend was able to watch him graduate from Marine Corps training. That's change! And we can't turn back now."
Watch video of the speech below via CSPAN.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House