Actor Says His Buddy's Boyfriend Is His Inspiration
BY Lucas Grindley
September 05 2012 2:21 AM ET
Actor Kal Penn is campaigning hard for President Obama's reelection and said his buddy Kevin's boyfriend is his inspiration. Penn served for two years as Obama's liaison to young Americans and repeatedly cited repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" as reason to rile up that important demographic during his speech.
"I'm volunteering again now because my friend Matt got a job at a Detroit car company that still exists, and Lauren can get the prescription she needs," Penn told the crowd. "I'm volunteering because Josiah is back from Iraq, Chris is finishing college on the GI Bill, and three weeks ago, my buddy Kevin's boyfriend was able to watch him graduate from Marine Corps training. That's change! And we can't turn back now."
Watch video of the speech below via CSPAN.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 1 hour 30 min ago
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 2 hours 31 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 2 hours 56 min ago
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM