Watch What Happens When a Man Tries to Protest General Mills With Fire
BY Lucas Grindley
August 06 2012 12:10 PM ET
Things obviously didn't go as planned for a man who tried to light a box of Cheerios on fire in protest of General Mills' support for marriage equality.
General Mills is based in Minnesota and has said a proposed constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage isn't "in the best interests of our employees or our state economy." So, in a video posted Sunday on YouTube and shared by the Good As You blog, a man is seen standing outside a General Mills location holding a box of Cheerios in one hand and a torch in the other.
"One out of every eight boxes of cereal in this country is Cheerios," the man declares. "This is really the treat now for the homosexuals. And this is our protest of General Mills advocating same-sex marriages, so we are going to torch some cereal."
When he lights the box on fire, things get out of control, and he ends up stomping the grass around him with his feet as the flames spread. "OK, get out of here, guys!" he says to the person with the camera. "Quick!"
It's not clear who the man is or why the mishap was posted online, but you can watch the video below.
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit 1 hour 11 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 2 hours 51 min ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM