Watch What Happens When a Man Tries to Protest General Mills With Fire
BY Lucas Grindley
August 06 2012 1:10 PM ET
Things obviously didn't go as planned for a man who tried to light a box of Cheerios on fire in protest of General Mills' support for marriage equality.
General Mills is based in Minnesota and has said a proposed constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage isn't "in the best interests of our employees or our state economy." So, in a video posted Sunday on YouTube and shared by the Good As You blog, a man is seen standing outside a General Mills location holding a box of Cheerios in one hand and a torch in the other.
"One out of every eight boxes of cereal in this country is Cheerios," the man declares. "This is really the treat now for the homosexuals. And this is our protest of General Mills advocating same-sex marriages, so we are going to torch some cereal."
When he lights the box on fire, things get out of control, and he ends up stomping the grass around him with his feet as the flames spread. "OK, get out of here, guys!" he says to the person with the camera. "Quick!"
It's not clear who the man is or why the mishap was posted online, but you can watch the video below.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun