MSNBC's Thomas Roberts Weds Partner Patrick Abner
BY Michelle Garcia
October 01 2012 2:26 PM ET
MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts married his partner of 12 years, Patrick Abner, in New York over the weekend in a ceremony officiated by California lieutenant governor Gavin Newsom.
Abner is an HIV community liaison for Merck Pharmaceuticals. He and Roberts announced their engagement June 25, 2011, a day after New York State approved marriage equality.
The ceremony and reception were held on the rooftop of the Gansevoort Park Avenue hotel, TV Newser reports. Attendees included CNN's Don Lemon, Nate Berkus, Good Morning America's Sam Champion, and reality star Carson Kressley.
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 24 min 9 sec ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 30 min 31 sec ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 1 hour 14 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 1 hour 14 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 1 hour 16 min ago
- Religion Meet the Controversial Spiritual Adviser to Trans People 2 hours 37 min ago
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around the World 2 hours 59 min ago