MSNBC's Thomas Roberts Weds Partner Patrick Abner
BY Michelle Garcia
October 01 2012 3:26 PM ET
MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts married his partner of 12 years, Patrick Abner, in New York over the weekend in a ceremony officiated by California lieutenant governor Gavin Newsom.
Abner is an HIV community liaison for Merck Pharmaceuticals. He and Roberts announced their engagement June 25, 2011, a day after New York State approved marriage equality.
The ceremony and reception were held on the rooftop of the Gansevoort Park Avenue hotel, TV Newser reports. Attendees included CNN's Don Lemon, Nate Berkus, Good Morning America's Sam Champion, and reality star Carson Kressley.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'