MSNBC's Thomas Roberts Weds Partner Patrick Abner
BY Michelle Garcia
October 01 2012 2:26 PM ET
MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts married his partner of 12 years, Patrick Abner, in New York over the weekend in a ceremony officiated by California lieutenant governor Gavin Newsom.
Abner is an HIV community liaison for Merck Pharmaceuticals. He and Roberts announced their engagement June 25, 2011, a day after New York State approved marriage equality.
The ceremony and reception were held on the rooftop of the Gansevoort Park Avenue hotel, TV Newser reports. Attendees included CNN's Don Lemon, Nate Berkus, Good Morning America's Sam Champion, and reality star Carson Kressley.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM