MSNBC's Thomas Roberts Weds Partner Patrick Abner
BY Michelle Garcia
October 01 2012 3:26 PM ET
MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts married his partner of 12 years, Patrick Abner, in New York over the weekend in a ceremony officiated by California lieutenant governor Gavin Newsom.
Abner is an HIV community liaison for Merck Pharmaceuticals. He and Roberts announced their engagement June 25, 2011, a day after New York State approved marriage equality.
The ceremony and reception were held on the rooftop of the Gansevoort Park Avenue hotel, TV Newser reports. Attendees included CNN's Don Lemon, Nate Berkus, Good Morning America's Sam Champion, and reality star Carson Kressley.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 22 min 7 sec ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM