MSNBC's Thomas Roberts Weds Partner Patrick Abner
BY Michelle Garcia
October 01 2012 2:26 PM ET
MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts married his partner of 12 years, Patrick Abner, in New York over the weekend in a ceremony officiated by California lieutenant governor Gavin Newsom.
Abner is an HIV community liaison for Merck Pharmaceuticals. He and Roberts announced their engagement June 25, 2011, a day after New York State approved marriage equality.
The ceremony and reception were held on the rooftop of the Gansevoort Park Avenue hotel, TV Newser reports. Attendees included CNN's Don Lemon, Nate Berkus, Good Morning America's Sam Champion, and reality star Carson Kressley.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 1 hour 14 min ago
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM