8 Top Prospects for Expanding Marriage Equality
BY Julie Bolcer
November 20 2012 7:26 PM ET
Rhode Island: The last state in New England without marriage equality. Advocates are sure to make a push in 2013. House Speaker Gordon Fox, who is openly gay, said he would bring the bill to a vote next year. The obstacle is Senate President Teresa Paiva-Weed, but recent elections brought more marriage equality supporters to her conference and she is sure to feel more pressure to allow a vote on the bill.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'