PHOTO: Dan Savage Makes Terry Miller An Honest Man
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 12 2012 6:17 PM ET
Columnist, gay-rights advocate, and founder of the It Gets Better Project, Dan Savage, legally married his partner of 18 years, Terry Miller, at Seattle City Hall on Sunday, December 9. Savage and his new husband, who have a teenage son, posed for Seattle Gay News photographer Nate Gowdy just after saying their "I Do"s for the first time in their native country. The men married in Vancouver, Canada in 2005, but it wasn't until Washington state voters approved Referendum 74 in the November elections that the longtime partners could make honest men out of one another.
Congratulations to Savage, Miller, and all the loving LGBT couples who are now able to marry the person they love in the Evergreen state.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 58 min 7 sec ago
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 1 hour 55 min ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 1 hour 58 min ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM