PHOTO: Dan Savage Makes Terry Miller An Honest Man
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 12 2012 6:17 PM ET
Columnist, gay-rights advocate, and founder of the It Gets Better Project, Dan Savage, legally married his partner of 18 years, Terry Miller, at Seattle City Hall on Sunday, December 9. Savage and his new husband, who have a teenage son, posed for Seattle Gay News photographer Nate Gowdy just after saying their "I Do"s for the first time in their native country. The men married in Vancouver, Canada in 2005, but it wasn't until Washington state voters approved Referendum 74 in the November elections that the longtime partners could make honest men out of one another.
Congratulations to Savage, Miller, and all the loving LGBT couples who are now able to marry the person they love in the Evergreen state.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- WATCH: John Oliver Explains the Equality Act