PHOTO: Dan Savage Makes Terry Miller An Honest Man
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 12 2012 6:17 PM ET
Columnist, gay-rights advocate, and founder of the It Gets Better Project, Dan Savage, legally married his partner of 18 years, Terry Miller, at Seattle City Hall on Sunday, December 9. Savage and his new husband, who have a teenage son, posed for Seattle Gay News photographer Nate Gowdy just after saying their "I Do"s for the first time in their native country. The men married in Vancouver, Canada in 2005, but it wasn't until Washington state voters approved Referendum 74 in the November elections that the longtime partners could make honest men out of one another.
Congratulations to Savage, Miller, and all the loving LGBT couples who are now able to marry the person they love in the Evergreen state.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- First African-American Gay Superhero Joins Arrow