PHOTO: Dan Savage Makes Terry Miller An Honest Man
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 12 2012 6:17 PM ET
Columnist, gay-rights advocate, and founder of the It Gets Better Project, Dan Savage, legally married his partner of 18 years, Terry Miller, at Seattle City Hall on Sunday, December 9. Savage and his new husband, who have a teenage son, posed for Seattle Gay News photographer Nate Gowdy just after saying their "I Do"s for the first time in their native country. The men married in Vancouver, Canada in 2005, but it wasn't until Washington state voters approved Referendum 74 in the November elections that the longtime partners could make honest men out of one another.
Congratulations to Savage, Miller, and all the loving LGBT couples who are now able to marry the person they love in the Evergreen state.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'