LISTEN AND READ FOR YOURSELF: Audio and Transcript of Prop. 8 Hearing
BY Lucas Grindley
March 26 2013 1:22 PM ET
As promised by the Supreme Court, the complete audio and transcript of today's one hour and 20-minute hearing was released ahead of the normal schedule. Usually the court waits until Fridays to do this sort of thing, but it made an exception.
With the justices still sticking with their rule against any outside cameras or recording equipment in the chamber, this is the best anyone will come to being there themselves.
For a shorter version, check out our report from Kerry Eleveld, who was in the courtroom, about the five most important things that happened. (Read The List of 5 Takeaways)
Listen to the audio below via the American Foundation for Equal Rights. And follow the transcript on the following pages.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights