WATCH: Adorable Marriage Equality Ad Shows the Beauty of LGBT Families
BY Jase Peeples
June 11 2013 6:40 PM ET
Marriage equality may have failed to pass in Illinois late last month, but a series of ads highlighting the beauty of several same-sex relationships in the state continues to shine.
The ads, produced by Lambda Legal, showcase 16 plaintiff couples, with their families, who have sued for marriage equality in the state (a separate action from the legislative effort, in which a bill is still pending).
From LaKeesha and Janean, who have been together for 11 years, to Jim Darby and Patrick Bova, who have been together for 48 years, the stories of these loving couples clearly prove marriage equality is long overdue.
Watch the full touching campaign in the series of videos below.
(Note: The next installment will automatically play at the end of each video.)
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women