WATCH: Adorable Marriage Equality Ad Shows the Beauty of LGBT Families
BY Jase Peeples
June 11 2013 6:40 PM ET
Marriage equality may have failed to pass in Illinois late last month, but a series of ads highlighting the beauty of several same-sex relationships in the state continues to shine.
The ads, produced by Lambda Legal, showcase 16 plaintiff couples, with their families, who have sued for marriage equality in the state (a separate action from the legislative effort, in which a bill is still pending).
From LaKeesha and Janean, who have been together for 11 years, to Jim Darby and Patrick Bova, who have been together for 48 years, the stories of these loving couples clearly prove marriage equality is long overdue.
Watch the full touching campaign in the series of videos below.
(Note: The next installment will automatically play at the end of each video.)
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM