WATCH: Professor Shocks Partner with Surprise Musical Proposal
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
The Filipino American National Historical Society of New York was wrapping up its annual celebration of Filipino-American History Month on November 1 with a star-studded evening featuring Broadway performers, spoken word artists, and the very best Filipino-American talent the Big Apple has to offer, when the event got a bit personal.
During the celebration's closing ceremonies, Dr. Kevin Nadal, a professor, psychologist, author and activist, stepped up to microphone alongside Broadway actress Liz Casasola, as the musician launched into a heartfelt rendition of one of his favorite songs, Alicia Keys' "That's When I Knew."
Casasola claimed the song was a surprise for Nadal, but as the chorus grew, it becomes clear that it's Nadal who's orchestrated a surprise for his partner, community organizer RJ Nadal.
After taking the mic himself, Nadal drops to one knee and asks Mendoza four very important words.
Watch RJ's priceless reaction below.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Rachel Maddow: The Fox News Debate Is 'Rigged'
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Taking the Bible Literally Helped Take Shira Banki's Life