WATCH: Professor Shocks Partner with Surprise Musical Proposal
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 09 2013 9:00 AM ET
The Filipino American National Historical Society of New York was wrapping up its annual celebration of Filipino-American History Month on November 1 with a star-studded evening featuring Broadway performers, spoken word artists, and the very best Filipino-American talent the Big Apple has to offer, when the event got a bit personal.
During the celebration's closing ceremonies, Dr. Kevin Nadal, a professor, psychologist, author and activist, stepped up to microphone alongside Broadway actress Liz Casasola, as the musician launched into a heartfelt rendition of one of his favorite songs, Alicia Keys' "That's When I Knew."
Casasola claimed the song was a surprise for Nadal, but as the chorus grew, it becomes clear that it's Nadal who's orchestrated a surprise for his partner, community organizer RJ Nadal.
After taking the mic himself, Nadal drops to one knee and asks Mendoza four very important words.
Watch RJ's priceless reaction below.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples