WATCH: Professor Shocks Partner with Surprise Musical Proposal
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
The Filipino American National Historical Society of New York was wrapping up its annual celebration of Filipino-American History Month on November 1 with a star-studded evening featuring Broadway performers, spoken word artists, and the very best Filipino-American talent the Big Apple has to offer, when the event got a bit personal.
During the celebration's closing ceremonies, Dr. Kevin Nadal, a professor, psychologist, author and activist, stepped up to microphone alongside Broadway actress Liz Casasola, as the musician launched into a heartfelt rendition of one of his favorite songs, Alicia Keys' "That's When I Knew."
Casasola claimed the song was a surprise for Nadal, but as the chorus grew, it becomes clear that it's Nadal who's orchestrated a surprise for his partner, community organizer RJ Nadal.
After taking the mic himself, Nadal drops to one knee and asks Mendoza four very important words.
Watch RJ's priceless reaction below.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun