WATCH: Professor Shocks Partner with Surprise Musical Proposal
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 09 2013 10:00 AM ET
The Filipino American National Historical Society of New York was wrapping up its annual celebration of Filipino-American History Month on November 1 with a star-studded evening featuring Broadway performers, spoken word artists, and the very best Filipino-American talent the Big Apple has to offer, when the event got a bit personal.
During the celebration's closing ceremonies, Dr. Kevin Nadal, a professor, psychologist, author and activist, stepped up to microphone alongside Broadway actress Liz Casasola, as the musician launched into a heartfelt rendition of one of his favorite songs, Alicia Keys' "That's When I Knew."
Casasola claimed the song was a surprise for Nadal, but as the chorus grew, it becomes clear that it's Nadal who's orchestrated a surprise for his partner, community organizer RJ Nadal.
After taking the mic himself, Nadal drops to one knee and asks Mendoza four very important words.
Watch RJ's priceless reaction below.
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda March 15 2014 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina March 15 2014 4:00 AM