GMA's Robin Roberts Is Most-Liked Morning News Personality
BY Ran Aubrey Frazier
February 21 2014 4:57 PM ET
The public has spoken, and ABC's newly out Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts is the most-liked personality in morning television.
The distinction was determined through a survey of 1,800 viewers to create "Q Scores," a ranking system that measures celebrities' likability, according to blog The Wrap. The scores are released annually and provide a gauge for networks on how various media personalities are received by the public. The Q Scores website reports that the scores are the "industry standard for measuring consumer appeal of personalities."
Roberts, who came out in December in a Facebook post, waged a public battle with cancer last year, which resonated with viewers and became a major focus at GMA.
In the number 2 spot is out weather anchor Sam Champion, Roberts's former colleague at GMA, who departed the show in December to helm a new show at Weather Channel.
Good Morning America is the most-watched morning news program.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: In Defense of Jared Leto
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM