GMA's Robin Roberts Is Most-Liked Morning News Personality
BY Ran Aubrey Frazier
February 21 2014 3:57 PM ET
The public has spoken, and ABC's newly out Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts is the most-liked personality in morning television.
The distinction was determined through a survey of 1,800 viewers to create "Q Scores," a ranking system that measures celebrities' likability, according to blog The Wrap. The scores are released annually and provide a gauge for networks on how various media personalities are received by the public. The Q Scores website reports that the scores are the "industry standard for measuring consumer appeal of personalities."
Roberts, who came out in December in a Facebook post, waged a public battle with cancer last year, which resonated with viewers and became a major focus at GMA.
In the number 2 spot is out weather anchor Sam Champion, Roberts's former colleague at GMA, who departed the show in December to helm a new show at Weather Channel.
Good Morning America is the most-watched morning news program.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model