GMA's Robin Roberts Is Most-Liked Morning News Personality
BY Ran Aubrey Frazier
February 21 2014 4:57 PM ET
The public has spoken, and ABC's newly out Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts is the most-liked personality in morning television.
The distinction was determined through a survey of 1,800 viewers to create "Q Scores," a ranking system that measures celebrities' likability, according to blog The Wrap. The scores are released annually and provide a gauge for networks on how various media personalities are received by the public. The Q Scores website reports that the scores are the "industry standard for measuring consumer appeal of personalities."
Roberts, who came out in December in a Facebook post, waged a public battle with cancer last year, which resonated with viewers and became a major focus at GMA.
In the number 2 spot is out weather anchor Sam Champion, Roberts's former colleague at GMA, who departed the show in December to helm a new show at Weather Channel.
Good Morning America is the most-watched morning news program.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner