GMA's Robin Roberts Is Most-Liked Morning News Personality
BY Ran Aubrey Frazier
February 21 2014 4:57 PM ET
The public has spoken, and ABC's newly out Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts is the most-liked personality in morning television.
The distinction was determined through a survey of 1,800 viewers to create "Q Scores," a ranking system that measures celebrities' likability, according to blog The Wrap. The scores are released annually and provide a gauge for networks on how various media personalities are received by the public. The Q Scores website reports that the scores are the "industry standard for measuring consumer appeal of personalities."
Roberts, who came out in December in a Facebook post, waged a public battle with cancer last year, which resonated with viewers and became a major focus at GMA.
In the number 2 spot is out weather anchor Sam Champion, Roberts's former colleague at GMA, who departed the show in December to helm a new show at Weather Channel.
Good Morning America is the most-watched morning news program.
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Colorado Springs Grindr Hookup Ends in Murder
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes