Will Bachmann Get Booted Out of Congress?
BY Neal Broverman
September 11 2012 3:14 PM ET
Antigay Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann is losing support among independents, according to new polls reported on by Jezebel.
Bachmann leads her Democratic challenger, Jim Graves, by only two percentage points, according to a Democratic-leaning poll. While Graves's campaign pushed for the poll, therefore bringing its impartiality into question, it still offered evidence that Bachmann is losing support among independents. With her tendency for gaffes, including linking a Hillary Clinton staffer with the Muslim Brotherhood, Bachmann's popularity appears to be waning. Over the last two months, support for Bachmann among independents dipped 20 percentage points.
While there is no third party candidate to siphon votes from Graves, Bachmann is a clear leader in fund-raising. And even if Bachmann gets the boot in November, Jezebel is pretty sure she'll do just fine as a host on Fox News.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Northern Ireland Lifts Ban on Same-Sex Couples Adopting
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? December 11 2013 6:44 PM
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards December 11 2013 6:03 PM