Will Bachmann Get Booted Out of Congress?
BY Neal Broverman
September 11 2012 4:14 PM ET
Antigay Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann is losing support among independents, according to new polls reported on by Jezebel.
Bachmann leads her Democratic challenger, Jim Graves, by only two percentage points, according to a Democratic-leaning poll. While Graves's campaign pushed for the poll, therefore bringing its impartiality into question, it still offered evidence that Bachmann is losing support among independents. With her tendency for gaffes, including linking a Hillary Clinton staffer with the Muslim Brotherhood, Bachmann's popularity appears to be waning. Over the last two months, support for Bachmann among independents dipped 20 percentage points.
While there is no third party candidate to siphon votes from Graves, Bachmann is a clear leader in fund-raising. And even if Bachmann gets the boot in November, Jezebel is pretty sure she'll do just fine as a host on Fox News.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 1 hour 8 min ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 1 hour 32 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 2 hours 53 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 5:33 PM