PHOTOS: Feathers, Muscles, and Pride in Gran Canaria
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 26 2014 4:00 AM ET
Above: Ahoy, sailors! Costumed revelers enjoy the perfect weather.
Topping the list of one of the more exotic places to experience Gay Pride, Gran Canaria is by area the third largest and by population even the second largest of the Canary Islands. One of the seven main Spanish Canary Islands, Gran Canaria sits off the west coast of Africa, less than a hundred miles from the Sahara, so it enjoys summer-style sunshine all year round. Miles of golden-sand beaches (and famous Maspalomas sand dunes), scorching summer heat with beach weather all through the winter, dozens upon dozens of gay bars, restaurants, shops, and clubs, most situated side by side in two large commercial centers in Playa del Ingles. The men of the Mediterranean are perhaps the main attractions here, but the island has so much more to offer.
C'mon, boys, give us a smile — it's Pride!
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children