PHOTOS: Iowa City Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 23 2014 4:01 PM ET
Assembling at College Green Park at 11 a.m. Saturday, the Iowa City Pride Parade wound its way through the university town. The celebration boasted 50 for-profit and nonprofit vendors, which is 10 more than last year's total, as well as a longer parade. "It is getting bigger, and we had great participation by allies this year," Jewell Amos, chair of the Iowa City Pride Committee, told the Iowa City Press Citizen.
Parade photos courtesy of Troy Shehan.
Pile in for pride!
Thumbs up for the LGBT community.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media