PHOTOS: Iowa City Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 23 2014 4:01 PM ET
Assembling at College Green Park at 11 a.m. Saturday, the Iowa City Pride Parade wound its way through the university town. The celebration boasted 50 for-profit and nonprofit vendors, which is 10 more than last year's total, as well as a longer parade. "It is getting bigger, and we had great participation by allies this year," Jewell Amos, chair of the Iowa City Pride Committee, told the Iowa City Press Citizen.
Parade photos courtesy of Troy Shehan.
Pile in for pride!
Thumbs up for the LGBT community.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks