PHOTOS: Iowa City Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 23 2014 4:01 PM ET
Assembling at College Green Park at 11 a.m. Saturday, the Iowa City Pride Parade wound its way through the university town. The celebration boasted 50 for-profit and nonprofit vendors, which is 10 more than last year's total, as well as a longer parade. "It is getting bigger, and we had great participation by allies this year," Jewell Amos, chair of the Iowa City Pride Committee, told the Iowa City Press Citizen.
Parade photos courtesy of Troy Shehan.
Pile in for pride!
Thumbs up for the LGBT community.
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP
- WATCH: Kansas Gov. Stands Behind Marriage Ban, Decries 'Liberal Judges'
- N.C. Senate Leader Seeks to Let County Officials Opt Out of Same-Sex Marriages