PHOTOS: This Year's Seattle Pride Came With Surprises
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2014 7:00 AM ET
Celebrating 40 Years of Seattle Pride, this year's parade was the best yet, with a long list of prominent activists and organizations participating. The theme, Generations of Pride, celebrated the history of the Northwest's LGBT rights movement and progress the LGBT community has made since 1974, the year of the inaugural Seattle Pride celebration.
Celebrity grand marshal George Takei was joined by Seattle-based rapper Macklemore, a strong ally of the LGBT community, in a surprise visit. Thanks to Nate Gowdy Photography for these great photos.
George Takei was obviously glad to be there.
Oh, yeah, the usual party poopers, God bless them.
Cool rainbow flag-holder straps, guys!
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality