Take That, Chick-fil-A: NYC Restaurant to Donate to Marriage Equality USA
BY Camille Beredjick
July 31 2012 1:25 PM ET
Schnipper's Quality Kitchen, an American-style restaurant in New York City, announced Tuesday via their Facebook page that they would donate a portion of proceeds to the nonprofit organization Marriage Equality USA.
Undoubtedly jabbing at chain competitor Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy's stance against marriage equality, Schnipper's will donate $1 from every purchase of a Schnipper's Chicken Filet Sandwich throughout the month of August to Marriage Equality USA.
The restaurant's Facebook page reads, "A truly good Chicken Filet Sandwich would always be in favor of Marriage Equality. Ours is the best you’ll ever have since its made from fresh chicken breasts and hand dipped to order in our seasoned corn flour blend and buttermilk. It’s super crispy and it’s gluten free! The sandwich is tasty – Marriage Equality is timely."
Schnipper's has locations in Hell's Kitchen and Madison Square.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers