Take That, Chick-fil-A: NYC Restaurant to Donate to Marriage Equality USA
BY Camille Beredjick
July 31 2012 12:25 PM ET
Schnipper's Quality Kitchen, an American-style restaurant in New York City, announced Tuesday via their Facebook page that they would donate a portion of proceeds to the nonprofit organization Marriage Equality USA.
Undoubtedly jabbing at chain competitor Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy's stance against marriage equality, Schnipper's will donate $1 from every purchase of a Schnipper's Chicken Filet Sandwich throughout the month of August to Marriage Equality USA.
The restaurant's Facebook page reads, "A truly good Chicken Filet Sandwich would always be in favor of Marriage Equality. Ours is the best you’ll ever have since its made from fresh chicken breasts and hand dipped to order in our seasoned corn flour blend and buttermilk. It’s super crispy and it’s gluten free! The sandwich is tasty – Marriage Equality is timely."
Schnipper's has locations in Hell's Kitchen and Madison Square.
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 14 min 58 sec ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 31 min 46 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 1 hour 31 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 1 hour 37 min ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 2 hours 21 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 2 hours 21 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 2 hours 23 min ago