George Clooney Will Go on a Date with You to Help LGBT Youth
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 21 2012 1:46 PM ET
That date with George Clooney you've dreamed about could become finally become a reality if you're the highest bidder on a lunch date he's auctioning to benefit the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN), an organization which keeps schools safe for LGBT students across the country, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Two lucky people will get to spend an intimate afternoon lunch with the actor-activist and journalist Dave Karger at West Hollywood's Soho House. The once-in-a-lifetime experience is valued at $20,000 and is available to bid on through October 11 at auction site CharityBuzz.
Clooney is a longtime ally to the LGBT community. During an interview with The Advocate in February to promote his appearance in the play 8, the actor spoke about why he's so passionate about the issue of marriage equality. "One day the marriage equality fight will look as archaic as George Wallace standing on the University of Alabama steps keeping James Hood from attending college because he was black," he said. "People will be embarrassed to have been on the wrong side."
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM