George Clooney Will Go on a Date with You to Help LGBT Youth
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 21 2012 1:46 PM ET
That date with George Clooney you've dreamed about could become finally become a reality if you're the highest bidder on a lunch date he's auctioning to benefit the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN), an organization which keeps schools safe for LGBT students across the country, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Two lucky people will get to spend an intimate afternoon lunch with the actor-activist and journalist Dave Karger at West Hollywood's Soho House. The once-in-a-lifetime experience is valued at $20,000 and is available to bid on through October 11 at auction site CharityBuzz.
Clooney is a longtime ally to the LGBT community. During an interview with The Advocate in February to promote his appearance in the play 8, the actor spoke about why he's so passionate about the issue of marriage equality. "One day the marriage equality fight will look as archaic as George Wallace standing on the University of Alabama steps keeping James Hood from attending college because he was black," he said. "People will be embarrassed to have been on the wrong side."
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men