The Out Year in Sports So Far Is Truly Inspiring
BY Lucas Grindley
October 04 2012 3:57 PM ET
The former NFL player, who spent time with the Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, and Seattle Seahawks, came out during an interview with OutSports. Now, as an openly gay man, he works with LGBT youth at the Hetrick-Martin Institute. He told The Advocate in August that staying in the closet was largely his own decision. "I wouldn't say I ever felt pressure from my teammates or anything else," Davis said. "I think all of the pressure was really internalized. I felt like I lived in constant fear of someone finding out."
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend