WATCH: Coca-Cola Includes Gay Dads in Super Bowl Ad
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 02 2014 11:47 PM ET
While LGBT activists pressure Coca-Cola over its sponsorship of the upcoming Sochi Olympics in Russia, the company made the biggest inclusive moment during another highly-watched sporting event — the Super Bowl.
Coca-Cola's multicultural "It's Beautiful" ad included a diversity of images and a multi-language rendition of "America the Beautiful"— plus gay dads and their daughter at a roller skating rink (at the 47-second mark). It was meant to celebrate the American "melting pot," but Twitter reactions marked with #AmericaIsBeautiful have been harsh, including people saying that all Americans should speak and sing in English and xenophobic remarks about terrorists and immigrants.
Watch the video below:
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- MSNBC Shake-Up Means Big Role for Thomas Roberts
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'