WATCH: Coca-Cola Includes Gay Dads in Super Bowl Ad
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 02 2014 11:47 PM ET
While LGBT activists pressure Coca-Cola over its sponsorship of the upcoming Sochi Olympics in Russia, the company made the biggest inclusive moment during another highly-watched sporting event — the Super Bowl.
Coca-Cola's multicultural "It's Beautiful" ad included a diversity of images and a multi-language rendition of "America the Beautiful"— plus gay dads and their daughter at a roller skating rink (at the 47-second mark). It was meant to celebrate the American "melting pot," but Twitter reactions marked with #AmericaIsBeautiful have been harsh, including people saying that all Americans should speak and sing in English and xenophobic remarks about terrorists and immigrants.
Watch the video below:
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Obama Cracks Marriage Equality Jokes at White House Correspondent's Dinner
- The Backlash
- Bruce Jenner's Republican Revelation Draws Anger, Praise
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument