WATCH: Coca-Cola Includes Gay Dads in Super Bowl Ad
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 02 2014 11:47 PM ET
While LGBT activists pressure Coca-Cola over its sponsorship of the upcoming Sochi Olympics in Russia, the company made the biggest inclusive moment during another highly-watched sporting event — the Super Bowl.
Coca-Cola's multicultural "It's Beautiful" ad included a diversity of images and a multi-language rendition of "America the Beautiful"— plus gay dads and their daughter at a roller skating rink (at the 47-second mark). It was meant to celebrate the American "melting pot," but Twitter reactions marked with #AmericaIsBeautiful have been harsh, including people saying that all Americans should speak and sing in English and xenophobic remarks about terrorists and immigrants.
Watch the video below:
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World