WATCH: Coca-Cola Includes Gay Dads in Super Bowl Ad
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 02 2014 11:47 PM ET
While LGBT activists pressure Coca-Cola over its sponsorship of the upcoming Sochi Olympics in Russia, the company made the biggest inclusive moment during another highly-watched sporting event — the Super Bowl.
Coca-Cola's multicultural "It's Beautiful" ad included a diversity of images and a multi-language rendition of "America the Beautiful"— plus gay dads and their daughter at a roller skating rink (at the 47-second mark). It was meant to celebrate the American "melting pot," but Twitter reactions marked with #AmericaIsBeautiful have been harsh, including people saying that all Americans should speak and sing in English and xenophobic remarks about terrorists and immigrants.
Watch the video below:
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- WATCH: Travis Wall Brings Same-Sex Couples to So You Think You Can Dance