WATCH: Coca-Cola Includes Gay Dads in Super Bowl Ad
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 02 2014 10:47 PM ET
While LGBT activists pressure Coca-Cola over its sponsorship of the upcoming Sochi Olympics in Russia, the company made the biggest inclusive moment during another highly-watched sporting event — the Super Bowl.
Coca-Cola's multicultural "It's Beautiful" ad included a diversity of images and a multi-language rendition of "America the Beautiful"— plus gay dads and their daughter at a roller skating rink (at the 47-second mark). It was meant to celebrate the American "melting pot," but Twitter reactions marked with #AmericaIsBeautiful have been harsh, including people saying that all Americans should speak and sing in English and xenophobic remarks about terrorists and immigrants.
Watch the video below:
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 1 hour 12 sec ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 1 hour 26 min ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 1 hour 31 min ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 1 hour 54 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 1 hour 56 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 2 hours 58 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 5:49 PM