Super Bowl Ads: Best and Worst Ever
BY Advocate Contributors
January 30 2014 1:00 AM ET
DANCES WITH BEARS
Ellen DeGeneres did this adorable Super Bowl ad for Beats. Well, technically she debuted it on her show in the video above. In it, we get to watch Ellen do one the things she loves best — dance.
DADDY LOVES FASHION
This Doritos ad from 2013 got mixed reviews, with some saying it played into gender role stereotypes while others saying it challenged them. Decide for yourself in the video above.
Hey — this is the Super Bowl, two men can't do that Lady and the Tramp spaghetti thing! In this 2007 Super Bowl spot, two mechanics chomp at opposite ends of the same Snickers bar and — oops! — kiss each other when they meet in the middle. In the version that aired during the game, one of the guys slams a car hood down on the other guy's head. As you may have guessed, LGBT activists were not laughing. In the video of the commercial posted above, all the alternate endings are included, though some never aired and were instead available online.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- A Letter to My Partners
- Television Looking GIF-cap: Season 1 Finale 1 hour 29 min ago
- Books Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel 1 hour 32 min ago
- Business P.R. Agency Adds LGBT Practice 1 hour 59 min ago
- Travel A Tour Through the San Francisco of Looking, Season One 2 hours 1 min ago
- Women Houston Lesbian Couple Found Murdered, Cops Searching for Suspect 2 hours 4 min ago
- Women WATCH: 10 Worst Ways to Pick Up a Lesbian 2 hours 7 min ago
- Parenting Ubbas: The Golden Shower Toy 2:45 PM