Super Bowl Ads: Best and Worst Ever
BY Advocate Contributors
January 30 2014 1:00 AM ET
DANCES WITH BEARS
Ellen DeGeneres did this adorable Super Bowl ad for Beats. Well, technically she debuted it on her show in the video above. In it, we get to watch Ellen do one the things she loves best — dance.
DADDY LOVES FASHION
This Doritos ad from 2013 got mixed reviews, with some saying it played into gender role stereotypes while others saying it challenged them. Decide for yourself in the video above.
Hey — this is the Super Bowl, two men can't do that Lady and the Tramp spaghetti thing! In this 2007 Super Bowl spot, two mechanics chomp at opposite ends of the same Snickers bar and — oops! — kiss each other when they meet in the middle. In the version that aired during the game, one of the guys slams a car hood down on the other guy's head. As you may have guessed, LGBT activists were not laughing. In the video of the commercial posted above, all the alternate endings are included, though some never aired and were instead available online.
- Transgender 'Tranny Awards' Changes Its Name, Not Its Nature 13 min 16 sec ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time 15 min 50 sec ago
- Women Why You Need to See Demi Lovato's Neon Lights Tour STAT 22 min 3 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Young Repubs Express Big Support for Marriage Equality 41 min 34 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 45 min 29 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 45 min 30 sec ago
- Women 5 Reasons to Watch CW's Arrow and 'Quiver!' 45 min 40 sec ago