Michael Sam Signed by St. Louis Rams
BY Annie Hollenbeck
June 13 2014 6:16 PM ET
Less than a week before being signed, Michael Sam told a group of reporters after practice, “I’m doing pretty good.” It would appear he was correct.
Michael Sam, the first openly gay man to ever be drafted into the NFL, was officially signed by the St. Louis Rams. NFL.com announced Thursday that all 11 players drafted by St. Louis had been signed, including Sam, the second-to-last player picked by the Rams.
— Michael Sam (@MichaelSamNFL) June 12, 2014
No word yet on whether Sam kissed his boyfriend after learning the news.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Students Silence Antigay Preacher With Song of Love