Tom Daley: Airborne Grace
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 21 2014 2:42 PM ET
The FINA Diving World Cup is an international biennial diving competition first held in The Woodlands, Texas, in 1979. The 2012 edition served as diving's test event for the that year's Olympics as well as the final qualifying event for diving at those games. This year, among men, world champion He Chong of China bested teammate Cao Yuan in the 3-meter springboard, amassing a total 540.35 to capture the gold. The U.K.’s Jack Laugher placed third with an overall 488.20 points. Our boy, Tom Daley, competed well but did not rank particularly high.
Jack Laughter of the U.K. competes in the men's 3-meter springboard final during day 5 of the 19th FINA Diving World Cup at the Oriental Sports Center in Shanghai, China, Saturday.
Tom Daley of the U.K. is seen during the men's 10-meter platform semifinal during day 6 of the 19th FINA Diving World Cup at the Oriental Sports Center Sunday.
China's Yang Jian competes during the men's 10-meter semifinal platform event.
Yang Jian of China competes in the men's 10-meter platform final during day 6 of the 19th FINA Diving World Cup at the Oriental Sports Center Sunday.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument