Tom Daley: Airborne Grace
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 21 2014 2:42 PM ET
The FINA Diving World Cup is an international biennial diving competition first held in The Woodlands, Texas, in 1979. The 2012 edition served as diving's test event for the that year's Olympics as well as the final qualifying event for diving at those games. This year, among men, world champion He Chong of China bested teammate Cao Yuan in the 3-meter springboard, amassing a total 540.35 to capture the gold. The U.K.’s Jack Laugher placed third with an overall 488.20 points. Our boy, Tom Daley, competed well but did not rank particularly high.
Jack Laughter of the U.K. competes in the men's 3-meter springboard final during day 5 of the 19th FINA Diving World Cup at the Oriental Sports Center in Shanghai, China, Saturday.
Tom Daley of the U.K. is seen during the men's 10-meter platform semifinal during day 6 of the 19th FINA Diving World Cup at the Oriental Sports Center Sunday.
China's Yang Jian competes during the men's 10-meter semifinal platform event.
Yang Jian of China competes in the men's 10-meter platform final during day 6 of the 19th FINA Diving World Cup at the Oriental Sports Center Sunday.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- The World Is Finally Ready For the Lost Recordings of '70s Gay Rockers Smokey