Artist Spotlight: Peter De Potter
BY Christopher Harrity
December 03 2011 4:00 AM ET
Peter De Potter (born 1970) studied at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, Belgium, from 1988 to 1992. Since 1996 he has written for both Belgian and international publications.
Besides his writing he is involved in varied projects, which have included the exhibitions "The Fourth Sex" (Pitti Immagine, Florence, Ita;y, 2003); "Excess" (Pitti Immagine, Florence, 2004); and "Transmission 1— Avant/Garde Diaries" in Berlin (July of this year).
He was curator of "NEO80" (Pitti Immagine, Florence, 2004), where his video installation The Young Gods was shown.
He has collaborated with Raf Simons since 2001; his work has been used on clothing, invitations, and publications.
De Potter's work is published in various magazines, including Doingbird, Dust, Beople, Arena Homme Plus, Another Magazine, and Atmosphere.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View