Artist Spotlight: Peter De Potter
BY Christopher Harrity
December 03 2011 5:00 AM ET
Peter De Potter (born 1970) studied at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, Belgium, from 1988 to 1992. Since 1996 he has written for both Belgian and international publications.
Besides his writing he is involved in varied projects, which have included the exhibitions "The Fourth Sex" (Pitti Immagine, Florence, Ita;y, 2003); "Excess" (Pitti Immagine, Florence, 2004); and "Transmission 1— Avant/Garde Diaries" in Berlin (July of this year).
He was curator of "NEO80" (Pitti Immagine, Florence, 2004), where his video installation The Young Gods was shown.
He has collaborated with Raf Simons since 2001; his work has been used on clothing, invitations, and publications.
De Potter's work is published in various magazines, including Doingbird, Dust, Beople, Arena Homme Plus, Another Magazine, and Atmosphere.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40