Artist Spotlight: Peter De Potter
BY Christopher Harrity
December 03 2011 5:00 AM ET
Peter De Potter (born 1970) studied at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, Belgium, from 1988 to 1992. Since 1996 he has written for both Belgian and international publications.
Besides his writing he is involved in varied projects, which have included the exhibitions "The Fourth Sex" (Pitti Immagine, Florence, Ita;y, 2003); "Excess" (Pitti Immagine, Florence, 2004); and "Transmission 1— Avant/Garde Diaries" in Berlin (July of this year).
He was curator of "NEO80" (Pitti Immagine, Florence, 2004), where his video installation The Young Gods was shown.
He has collaborated with Raf Simons since 2001; his work has been used on clothing, invitations, and publications.
De Potter's work is published in various magazines, including Doingbird, Dust, Beople, Arena Homme Plus, Another Magazine, and Atmosphere.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- India Gets First Transgender TV News Anchor
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Meet the Iowa Lesbians Finally Married After 72 Years