PHOTOS: Humanizing the Hookup
BY Christopher Harrity
April 07 2014 6:00 AM ET
Location: Kitchener, Canada
About: Classical pianist
Before photographing Darren, we met up at a café in Kitchener to chat and he told me all about his interesting and cultured life. He grew up and was home-schooled in West Africa, started playing the piano at the age of 5, and is now a classically trained pianist (see here). He compared his life to that of Cady from Mean Girls and I believed it... he didn't know who the Spice Girls were until a few years ago!
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Op-ed: Gay People Raising Kids Has Shifted From Downfall to Salvation
- ISIS Propaganda Claims Gays Are 'Pedophiles,' 'Animals'
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media