PHOTOS: Humanizing the Hookup
BY Christopher Harrity
April 07 2014 6:00 AM ET
Location: Kitchener, Canada
About: Classical pianist
Before photographing Darren, we met up at a café in Kitchener to chat and he told me all about his interesting and cultured life. He grew up and was home-schooled in West Africa, started playing the piano at the age of 5, and is now a classically trained pianist (see here). He compared his life to that of Cady from Mean Girls and I believed it... he didn't know who the Spice Girls were until a few years ago!
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges