New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
BY Jase Peeples
May 23 2013 7:17 PM ET
A new picture book by Amber Dee Parker and Hannah Sequra attempts to battle messages of LGBT equality with a warm and fuzzy brand of hatred, reports Good as You.
Endorsed by the American Family Association, God Made Dad & Mom tells the story of a young boy named Michael who prays for his classmate Jimmy and his two dads to learn “the truth” about how God made them after a trip to the zoo where he’s told all animal families “consist of a male, a female, and their offspring.”
Watch the author’s official preview of how this book “can be used as a tool by grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters to give to the next generation in teaching them and educating them of God’s plan for families between one mother and one father” in the video below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out