New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
BY Jase Peeples
May 23 2013 7:17 PM ET
A new picture book by Amber Dee Parker and Hannah Sequra attempts to battle messages of LGBT equality with a warm and fuzzy brand of hatred, reports Good as You.
Endorsed by the American Family Association, God Made Dad & Mom tells the story of a young boy named Michael who prays for his classmate Jimmy and his two dads to learn “the truth” about how God made them after a trip to the zoo where he’s told all animal families “consist of a male, a female, and their offspring.”
Watch the author’s official preview of how this book “can be used as a tool by grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters to give to the next generation in teaching them and educating them of God’s plan for families between one mother and one father” in the video below.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 28 min 51 sec ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 29 min 37 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 59 min 50 sec ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 2 hours 29 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM