All-Female Queer Comic to Debut This Spring
BY Patrick Yacco
January 08 2014 1:18 PM ET
Comic book publisher Boom Studios is set to release Lumberjanes, a series focusing on the adventures of five young girls at summer camp, reports Comics Alliance.
The full-color comic follows Jo, April, Mal, Molly, and Ripley, who are spending their summer vacation at a scout camp. However, their break is interrupted by scary forest-roaming creatures, which will include “yetis and mind-blowing, fate-of-the-world mysteries,” according to Comics Alliance.
Shannon Watters and Grace Ellis created the comic; Ellis and Noelle Stevenson will write the stories, with art by Brooke Allen. Cartoonist Kate Leth tweeted that she is also involved with the project and noted that the series is “gonna be sooo queer.”
Lumberjanes will be the second title from Boom Studios’ creator-owned Boom! Box imprint and is expected to hit comic book shelves sometime this spring.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'