All-Female Queer Comic to Debut This Spring
BY Patrick Yacco
January 08 2014 1:18 PM ET
Comic book publisher Boom Studios is set to release Lumberjanes, a series focusing on the adventures of five young girls at summer camp, reports Comics Alliance.
The full-color comic follows Jo, April, Mal, Molly, and Ripley, who are spending their summer vacation at a scout camp. However, their break is interrupted by scary forest-roaming creatures, which will include “yetis and mind-blowing, fate-of-the-world mysteries,” according to Comics Alliance.
Shannon Watters and Grace Ellis created the comic; Ellis and Noelle Stevenson will write the stories, with art by Brooke Allen. Cartoonist Kate Leth tweeted that she is also involved with the project and noted that the series is “gonna be sooo queer.”
Lumberjanes will be the second title from Boom Studios’ creator-owned Boom! Box imprint and is expected to hit comic book shelves sometime this spring.
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 16 min 33 sec ago
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 1 hour 54 min ago
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 1 hour 58 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM