All-Female Queer Comic to Debut This Spring
BY Patrick Yacco
January 08 2014 1:18 PM ET
Comic book publisher Boom Studios is set to release Lumberjanes, a series focusing on the adventures of five young girls at summer camp, reports Comics Alliance.
The full-color comic follows Jo, April, Mal, Molly, and Ripley, who are spending their summer vacation at a scout camp. However, their break is interrupted by scary forest-roaming creatures, which will include “yetis and mind-blowing, fate-of-the-world mysteries,” according to Comics Alliance.
Shannon Watters and Grace Ellis created the comic; Ellis and Noelle Stevenson will write the stories, with art by Brooke Allen. Cartoonist Kate Leth tweeted that she is also involved with the project and noted that the series is “gonna be sooo queer.”
Lumberjanes will be the second title from Boom Studios’ creator-owned Boom! Box imprint and is expected to hit comic book shelves sometime this spring.
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers