Hot Sheet: Rufus, and
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 09 2010 1:40 PM ET
Handsome Harry — A Vietnam vet (Jamey Sheridan) promises his old Navy friend (Steve Buscemi) on his deathbed to seek out the gay comrade (Campbell Scott) they betrayed during the war and make things right in Handsome Harry. Buscemi and Scott are both stars of pioneering works of gay film, Parting Glances and Longtime Companion, respectively. Buzz for this indie suggests they might just add another classic to their résumés.
Death at a Funeral — The original Death at a Funeral hit theaters in 2007, but since Hollywood has no new ideas, it's just going through the British archives to remake films at this point. The plot is similar in this remake, starring Chris Rock, James Marsden, and Martin Lawrence. Peter Dinklage returns from the original in the same role — the gay, blackmailing lover of the deceased. Reviews for the remake are mixed.
Kick-Ass — A cast of mostly newcomers stars in this story of a high-school reject who decides one night to become a superhero, even though he has no skills, no powers, and no means to do so. Reviews have been strong, and comic book fans will likely be blown away by the visual effects.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM