Hot Sheet: Rufus, and
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 09 2010 1:40 PM ET
Handsome Harry — A Vietnam vet (Jamey Sheridan) promises his old Navy friend (Steve Buscemi) on his deathbed to seek out the gay comrade (Campbell Scott) they betrayed during the war and make things right in Handsome Harry. Buscemi and Scott are both stars of pioneering works of gay film, Parting Glances and Longtime Companion, respectively. Buzz for this indie suggests they might just add another classic to their résumés.
Death at a Funeral — The original Death at a Funeral hit theaters in 2007, but since Hollywood has no new ideas, it's just going through the British archives to remake films at this point. The plot is similar in this remake, starring Chris Rock, James Marsden, and Martin Lawrence. Peter Dinklage returns from the original in the same role — the gay, blackmailing lover of the deceased. Reviews for the remake are mixed.
Kick-Ass — A cast of mostly newcomers stars in this story of a high-school reject who decides one night to become a superhero, even though he has no skills, no powers, and no means to do so. Reviews have been strong, and comic book fans will likely be blown away by the visual effects.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 34 min 23 sec ago
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 36 min 33 sec ago
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 1 hour 3 min ago
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 1 hour 34 min ago
- Politicians President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech 2 hours 55 min ago
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 3:42 PM
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 3:30 PM