The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 29 2010 7:40 AM ET
"Another Drunk Chick" by Julie Brown — In a track from her new album,
Smell the Glamour, veteran parody artist Brown takes clever aim at the excessive party girl image of bi
pop tart Ke$ha to the tune of her undeniably
catchy "Tik Tok."
"Poison" by Nicole Scherzinger — The Pussycat Dolls may have made her famous, but from the second Nicole Scherzinger took to the stage as bisexual performance artist Maureen in this summer’s Hollywood Bowl production of Rent, it was clear the singer-dancer is destined for solo success. The first single off her long-delayed debut album (tentatively titled Her Name Is Nicole) is a rock-infused dance track by Gaga producer Red One. On “Poison,” Scherzinger’s powerful Broadway belt soars over the catchy beat, and it’s clear from watching the video the Dancing With the Stars singer was more than a bit inspired by Maureen’s black catsuit. The album is due out early next year, but sink your teeth into this in the meantime.
Watch the videos below.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing