The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 29 2010 6:40 AM ET
"Another Drunk Chick" by Julie Brown — In a track from her new album,
Smell the Glamour, veteran parody artist Brown takes clever aim at the excessive party girl image of bi
pop tart Ke$ha to the tune of her undeniably
catchy "Tik Tok."
"Poison" by Nicole Scherzinger — The Pussycat Dolls may have made her famous, but from the second Nicole Scherzinger took to the stage as bisexual performance artist Maureen in this summer’s Hollywood Bowl production of Rent, it was clear the singer-dancer is destined for solo success. The first single off her long-delayed debut album (tentatively titled Her Name Is Nicole) is a rock-infused dance track by Gaga producer Red One. On “Poison,” Scherzinger’s powerful Broadway belt soars over the catchy beat, and it’s clear from watching the video the Dancing With the Stars singer was more than a bit inspired by Maureen’s black catsuit. The album is due out early next year, but sink your teeth into this in the meantime.
Watch the videos below.
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM