The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 29 2010 6:40 AM ET
"Another Drunk Chick" by Julie Brown — In a track from her new album,
Smell the Glamour, veteran parody artist Brown takes clever aim at the excessive party girl image of bi
pop tart Ke$ha to the tune of her undeniably
catchy "Tik Tok."
"Poison" by Nicole Scherzinger — The Pussycat Dolls may have made her famous, but from the second Nicole Scherzinger took to the stage as bisexual performance artist Maureen in this summer’s Hollywood Bowl production of Rent, it was clear the singer-dancer is destined for solo success. The first single off her long-delayed debut album (tentatively titled Her Name Is Nicole) is a rock-infused dance track by Gaga producer Red One. On “Poison,” Scherzinger’s powerful Broadway belt soars over the catchy beat, and it’s clear from watching the video the Dancing With the Stars singer was more than a bit inspired by Maureen’s black catsuit. The album is due out early next year, but sink your teeth into this in the meantime.
Watch the videos below.
- Books Lambda Literary Awards: Leavitt, Bianchi, Winterson Nominated 3 min 24 sec ago
- Women 19 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Saskia de Brauw 20 min 2 sec ago
- Television Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower 21 min 14 sec ago
- Travel WATCH: Jeff Koons, John Waters Discuss Art 33 min 48 sec ago
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality 44 min 32 sec ago
- World World Bank President Withdraws From Panel on 'Economic Impact of Homophobia' 1 hour 28 min ago
- Transgender Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women 1 hour 34 min ago