Joey Travolta acquires rights to Sal Mineo story
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 13 2001 1:00 AM ET
Joey Travolta (John Travoltas brother) and Dale J. Oprandy have bought a one-year option to the film and TV rights to the life story of gay actor Sal Mineo, according to The Hollywood Reporter, 25 years after Mineos death. Travolta and Oprandy would serve as executive producers on a project that Travolta would direct early next year. Mineo is best known for his work in Rebel Without a Causefor which he earned an Oscar nomination playing a character many critics view as gayand Exodus. Mineo was 37 years old when he was murdered outside his West Hollywood, Calif., apartment on February 12, 1976.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message