Gay rights activists to protest Eminems Brit Awards appearance
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 27 2001 1:00 AM ET
After rallying against Eminems appearance with Elton John at the Grammy Awards last week, gay rights activists plan to protest against the rapper when he appears at Englands version of the Grammys on Monday. Eminem, accused of using homophobic and sexist lyrics, is up for the top prize at the Brit Awards. This nomination is the moral equivalent of honoring a Ku Klux Klan singer, said Peter Tatchell, spokesman for gay rights group OutRage! Eminems appearance with out singer Elton John at last weeks Grammy ceremonies raised some industry eyebrows. The New York Posts Page Six reports that techno star Moby posited a theory about why the two performed together. This isnt my personal opinion, Moby told Craig Kilborn of CBSs The Late Late Show, but a friend of mine told me that the rampant rumor in the U.K. is that Eminem is gay.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail