Kennedy Center to honor Sondheim
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2001 1:00 AM ET
The Kennedy Center is planning a 15-week celebration of gay composer Stephen Sondheim, including the staging of six full-scale Sondheim musicals beginning in May, Variety reports. The musicals, including the Japanese version of Sondheims Pacific Overtures, will be offered under Eric Schaeffer, artistic director of the Signature Theater in Arlington, Va. Schaeffer, noted for his companys recent Sondheim revivals, said well-known performers are being sought for lead roles. Production costs are estimated at $7$10 million.
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.