Kennedy Center to honor Sondheim
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2001 1:00 AM ET
The Kennedy Center is planning a 15-week celebration of gay composer Stephen Sondheim, including the staging of six full-scale Sondheim musicals beginning in May, Variety reports. The musicals, including the Japanese version of Sondheims Pacific Overtures, will be offered under Eric Schaeffer, artistic director of the Signature Theater in Arlington, Va. Schaeffer, noted for his companys recent Sondheim revivals, said well-known performers are being sought for lead roles. Production costs are estimated at $7$10 million.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'