When icons collide: Dolly Parton may play Mae West
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 14 2001 12:00 AM ET
On the heels of their rating success with Life With Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows, ABC is developing a film bio of Mae West that they hope will be a vehicle for Dolly Parton, reports Variety. Still in development, the film would star the voluptuous singer as one of the legendary sex goddesses of stage and screen, known for pushing the envelope of screen sexuality during the 1930s (to say nothing of her coterie of gay friends and fans).
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Gay Politics - Marriage Equality, Gay Rights, Anti-Discrimination
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC December 09 2013 3:49 PM